Nestled high atop the majestic peaks of the snowy Colorado Rockies, the ski towns of Dillon and Frisco, Colorado offer exceptional vacation pleasures all year round.
When you visit the pride of Summit County, you’re sure to discover the endless array of activities on and off the slopes.
If winter sports are what drive your vacation planning, you won’t be disappointed at the opportunities in an around the Dillon / Frisco area. Every year, millions of avid vacationers visit the world-class ski resorts on the mountainside and head out to some of the other ski resorts just an hour’s drive or less from tranquil Dillon Lake.
As you travel around the Frisco / Dillon area, you’ll have your pick of any of the fantastic ski destinations that call Summit County home:
- Arapahoe Basin and its breathtaking 13,000-foot peaks
- Copper Mountain beckons with 360 inches of snow falling upon a hundred exciting trails
- Breckenridge invites you to enjoy almost 2,400 acres of downhill adventure.
- Resorts like Keystone, Vail, Beaver Creek are just a short drive away
But this winter paradise isn’t simply about skiing and snowboarding. Many other winter activities lure vacationers to the Dillon / Frisco area year after year. You’ll find sledding, tubing, snowshoeing, winter fly fishing, sleigh rides, snowmobiling, dog sledding and yes, even casinos in nearby Blackhawk and Central cities.
Add to that the quaint beauty of the mining buildings preserved in Frisco Historic Park as well as shopping and dining experiences that you won’t find anywhere else, the Frisco / Dillon area never fails to deliver a winter vacation that makes you want to return again, year after year.
There’s more to the Frisco / Dillon area than just skiing; a wide assortment of summer opportunities awaits you.
Some of your great warmer-weather options include:
- Mountain biking is a favorite pastime of Frisco area residents and visitors alike. More than 200 miles of exciting trails wind through the majestic Rockies near Frisco. Dozens of miles of paved trails make traveling from Frisco to Dillon and back again a breeze.
- If boating is a favorite summer activity of yours, you won’t be disappointed. Dillon Reservoir, one of the largest lakes in Colorado, will give you plenty of room to move around.
- Fishing is a true pleasure amidst Colorado’s Gold Medal Waters, and from tranquil mountain streams to lakes with dramatic panoramic views of nature’s beauty, you’ll find what you’re looking for.
- Golfing is another Frisco adventure you’re sure to remember, as you experience the difference the thin mountain air makes on your drives.
- Hiking is an experience like no other on the rugged Colorado mountainside, where mountain bikes and mountain goats alike can be seen on the trails and byways.
- Horseback riding is a getaway you’re sure to enjoy as you enjoy the sights of the Frisco/Dillon area from a vantage point a little higher than usual.
- Off-road trails are also a highlight of the Frisco experience for those who want to cruise mountain trails on a Jeep or ATV.
- Kayaking and whitewater rafting adventures are yours for the taking on the Eagle, Arkansas and Blue Rivers in the spring.Whether your passion takes you to winter sports or back-to-nature summer adventure, the Frisco / Dillon area has the activities and natural beauty sure to create memories that last a lifetime.