MammothMountainSki Resort – big fun for an unforgettable winter ski vacation.Mammoth certainly lives up to its reputation as California’s premier winter mountain ski resort spot. Consistently ranked in the top 10 ski resorts inSKIMagazine, Mammoth affords skiers 3, 500 ski-able acres, 400 inches of snow per year and one of the longest ski seasons lasting from November through June.
It’s no wonder families and friends continue to choose Mammoth Mountain as their preferred ski vacation destination year after year!Skiers the world-over flock to Mammoth for its diverse and challenging runs, its remote location and its local charm. The ski area on Mammoth is diverse offering soaring summits, wide open bowls, deep powder and breathtaking views. The top of the mountain affords expert skiers challenging chutes and open mogul runs and there are three top-rated terrain parks and a super pipe – the largest half-pipe in California.
A choice winter family vacation destination.Mammoth Mountain offers tons of activities that are fun for the whole family. In addition to downhill and cross-country skiing, the ski resort also offers arcades, swimming pools, ice skating, sledding and dog sledding and the Small World Child Care Center.
Lodging at Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort.Mammoth offers a variety of ski lodging options like luxury hotels, quaint inns, condos, bed and breakfast inns, cabins, chalets and hotels.Many of these lodging options offer ski-in accommodations.
Other winter vacation activities at Mammoth.While Mammoth Mountain is known for its world-class skiing, many vacationers enjoy other winter activities like cross-country skiing, telemark skiing, hiking, snowshoeing and snowmobiling. Additionally, the town of Mammoth and the ski resort offer charming restaurants and fun nighttime activities.
MammothMountainis a prime summer vacation location.Nestled in the heart of the eastern Sierra Mountains, Mammoth offers great summer activities for family vacations or fun getaways with friends. Mammoth offers breathtaking natural wonders which makes for premier hiking and exploring. Additionally, Mammoth is neighbored by other popular vacation destinations like Yosemite National Park, Bodi Historical Park and Devil’s Postpile.
MammothMountainin the summer affords endless activities.There is so much to see and do on Mammoth Mountain that the only question is how to fit everything in during a vacation, including:
- Rock climbing.Mammoth Mountain offers tons of great climbing options such as the challenging climbs around Owens River Gorge. The resort offers a rock climbing school and guided climbs plus the Mammoth Mountain Adventure Center.
- Water sports.Those who spend their vacations at Mammoth in the summer or fall can find excellent canoeing, fishing, kayaking and paddle boating opportunities thanks to the abundant lakes and streams in the Mammoth Lakes Basin.
- Hiking.A summer vacation spent hiking in Mammoth and taking in the resort area’s natural beauty is time well spent. From day hikes to backcountry backpacking, Mammoth is a premier hiking destination. Additionally, fall in Mammoth offers crisp clear mornings, bright warm days and Aspen, willow and cottonwood trees bursting with color.
- Spas.A vacation is all about rejuvenation, and what better way than by spending time at a tranquil spa resort to melt away the stresses of pre-vacation life? Mammoth offers great spas offering massage treatments, facials, yoga, pilates and beauty treatments.
- Culture.The Mammoth area attracts a diverse group of artisans and performers every season. Those vacationing in this quaint mountain town can experience unparalleled hospitality, local charm and plenty of activities and events like photography exhibits and galleries, out door art fairs, renowned theatre, festivals, concerts, dining and more.