Begin planning your Montana vacation with VacationRoost
Montana is an excellent choice for a vacation. The mountains, prairies, and national parks are stunningly beautiful. We recommend you take the time to really immerse yourself in Montana’s natural outdoor experiences and relax in the charming culture of its small towns.
- Big Sky is home to two ski resorts, Big Sky and Moonlight Basin
- Combine both resorts for 5,532 skiable acres
- Skiers love the long runs, wide open spaces, and no lift lines
- Big Sky sees 400” yearly snowfall on average
- Whitefish Mountain Resort is 19 miles from Glacier Park International Airport (FCA)
- Located west of Glacier National Park
- 3,000 skiable acres and 98 named trails
- Whitefish sees 300” yearly snowfall on average
Quick Search Results
Our Destination Experts give great advice on resorts and activities in Montana. Give us a call!
The Bozeman (BZN) Airport is 48 miles from Big sky—about 1.5 hour drive between the two points. A rental car is recommended for convenience around Big Sky and travel from the airport.
Driving through Montana is an adventure in itself. Many roadside attractions and scenic vistas make the journey a special part of the vacation. Virginia and Nevada ghost towns are along Highway 287. Pompeys Pillar is a rock outcrop near Billings is where Captain Clark of the Lewis and Clark expedition carved his name in 1806.
Glacier and Yellowstone National Parks are symbols of Montana’s rustic beauty. Leave the big city behind, wear your comfortable jeans, and explore Montana!