Mariposa Mexico - 2BR Home
Mariposa Mexico, which means "Mexican Butterfly" is a perfect name for this lovely Colonial townhouse located very near the Jardin Park and La Parroquia which is a 300 year old cathedral. The house is in the very center of San Miguel, just a 5-minute walk from all the shops and restaurants. The entrance to the house is an array of leafy green vines that grow in abundance along the arbor walls and overhead arches. A succession of niches spot dramatic stone carvings along the walk way. This path ends in front of a stone stair case that leads to a small, cozy front courtyard.
Peeking through the gate across the courtyard, one is treated to the first dramatic view of the Colonial facade. High arched glass doors lead to the ground floor bedrooms off the courtyard while a second set of windows balance the symmetry of the building from the second living room level. A large stone fountain occupies a central position between the gridded doors in the courtyard. It gives a splash of freshness to the privacy of this cozy open area. A small seating area is directly across from the fountain in the courtyard. This provides a likely spot for morning coffee.
There are two bedrooms off this first floor courtyard. Both decorated in beige tones with period antiques and lovely Spanish accessories. Heated floors and overhead fans ensure comfort at all times during the year.
The master suite has a white four-poster wonderfully comfy canopy bed and large bathtub and shower. There are three story light wells above the fireplace in this room that give a magical light throughout the day.
The guest room suite has two four-poster single beds, also divinely comfortable. There is a "bohemian flare" to this second beautifully decorated bedroom. It has fun Mexican accessories and lovely period antique appointments as well.
The second floor living room/kitchen is all open space with dramatic "boveda" ceilings, large fireplace, brick floors, and area rugs. An "L" shaped sectional provides for comfortable television viewing.
The roof top level is breathtakingly beautiful with a 360-degree view of all of San Miguel and Parroquia. A delightful greenhouse provides a candlelit room for the roof top open air dining table. There are heated floors and fireplaces that allow for comfortable open air dining, even on cooler evenings. A Jacuzzi or "spool" overlooks the incredible view from atop and is a perfect place for sunning or enjoying a frosted margarita!
- Mariposa Mexico is located at Callejon Bianco 12, considered one of the loveliest street addresses in central San Miguel. At the entrance there is a carved antique door to greet you. This seductively hides a leafy green arbor behind the lighted niches and overhead lanterns
- 360-degree view of all of San Miguel and Parroquia
- Local phone and free long distance calls to US and Canada, Internet, fax
- Houseman, a cook who prepares breakfast upon request and a maid
- Master bedroom has a king bed, guest master has two twins. Fireplaces in both bedrooms
- T.V. in both bedrooms, large flat sceen in living room
- Mini fridge in master bedroom
- Built in stereo in master bedroom
- DVD stereo in guest bedroom
- Huge wood burning fireplace with gas starter in living room
- 'spool' (jacuzzi)
- Dining table can seat 10 people
- Green House buffet area (with air conditioning) on rooftop terrace
- Rooftop dining table for 10 people
- Alarm system
- Water purifier
- Safes in both bedrooms
Rates: (Tax: $6% *All rates are subject to change.)
- Regular Season: June 1 - May 31 $279 per night
- Holiday Season: Dec 18- Jan 8 $343 per night.